Happy New Year, everyone! It is hard to believe that another holiday season has come and gone. And of course, with every new year, several new resolutions were made. As I was thinking of my resolutions, I couldn’t help but wonder what mine were for 2009. Thank goodness for this blog – or I would never have remembered. Per “Happy 2009!,” the following were my resolutions for the past year:
1. Step up on my Photography – see blog.
2. Lose my food baby – see blog.
3. Cleanliness is next to Godliness – aka, try to keep the house cleaner during our work week.
Question is – did I actually meet these resolutions? Sort of. While my photography skills aren’t exactly where I want them to be by any means, I did increase the frequency and use of my camera during the past year. I have managed to take several pictures at family events, trips, outings, and of our new little addition to our family. So I am happy about this resolution. Lose my food baby and cleanliness? Yeah… these two could use some help. I guess I made these resolutions difficult when I became pregnant, oops. At any rate, these two will be re-addressed this year.
NEW resolutions for 2010:
- Reduce the amount of stress in my daily life. I tend to make little things drama-filled when they don’t necessarily need to be, so this year I would like to ignore this unnecessary stress.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in my home and car. Similar to last year’s resolution, I need to make an attempt at maintaining a cleaner house than we have in the past. This has become increasingly difficult, due to our new schedule for our lil’ love, but it needs to be on the list. Especially the cleanliness of our bedroom/bathroom – my closet makes me cringe each and every day I see it (working on organizing and cleaning it out as we speak). I absolutely love how wonderful our home looks and feels when it is perfectly organized… why not try to keep it that way?
- Lose the baby weight. Weight loss seems to be a pretty popular resolution for people… but I would like to shed the last few pregnancy pounds I have and work myself into better shape this year.
How about you? What resolutions are you working on this year? Whatever they may be, I hope the new year finds you happy and healthy. Cheers!