Doesn’t that look delish?!? I first experienced this ultra yummy soup at my baby shower back in October. My mom discovered this recipe and raved about it so much that I knew it had to be wonderful. It is very easy to make (only takes 15 minutes!), with very few ingredients. Wanna give it a whirl? Follow the recipe below and enjoy!
- 1/2 package of ground turkey meat (approx. 1/2 lb.)
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can of baked beans, either vegetarian or original (your choice)
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning (your choice)
- 1 skillet
- 1 soup pot
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Fritos corn chips (optional)
Mama’s Taco Soup Recipe:
- In the soup pot, add the kidney beans, corn, tomatoes with green chilies, and baked beans. Set to the side.
- In the skillet, brown the ground turkey on medium heat.
- Once ready, add the turkey meat to the soup pot. Remove skillet.
- Add taco seasoning to the soup pot.
- Mix the ingredients together, making sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Heat soup on medium heat, until cooked thoroughly.
- Select your favorite soup bowl, spoon, and enjoy!
Feel free to add shredded cheese and/or sour cream to your own soup bowl if you like (once served). We have also had the soup with bread instead of chips – whatever you prefer! This serves anywhere from about 4 to 6 people, depending on serving size and if anyone goes back for seconds. It also keeps very well for leftovers – I’m eating a bowl right now from last night’s dinner.
I’m serious – if you try this recipe, you will not be let down… so go give it a whirl!