Last Friday (the 13th!) Kingston turned 9 months old. It feels like so much has happened during this past month.
Here are a couple things we have noticed about our boy, now 9 months old:
- Weight: 25 lbs., Length: 31 in.
(We will find out his exact weight and measurements this Friday at Kingston’s 9 month well-child visit)
- Kingston FINALLY got his two bottom teeth! They are a little crooked, but completely adorable.
- Kingston is a speedy crawler… but may be a walker soon enough. He prefers to walk around while holding the hands of any willing-to-help adult (see the picture above… he was using a hand from mommy and a hand from daddy).
- He can pull himself up to a standing position from his crawling/sitting position like. a. pro. Sometimes Kingston will use his mouth to help in getting into a standing position – it is the funniest thing.
- He loves to clap his hands.
- Kingston should be called the “dirt devil.” He can find the smallest speck of fuzz, dust bunny, etc. on the floor in 10 seconds flat.
- He loves to hear songs… “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” “Old MacDonald Had a Farm,” and “Patty Cake” are his favorites. We are always looking for a few new songs to sing… please feel free to suggest a few.
- Kingston is so, so very active. He loves to be moving, checking things out, playing, shouting, etc.
- Kingston is (unfortunately) a hair puller. We have heard that babies can learn what the word “no” means around 9 months… we will be working on this. So sorry if you have been a target of his little grabby hands (i.e. Aunt Kimmi).
- He has decided that he is not a fan of bedtime and throws a fit pretty much every night as a result. Kingston will stand up in his crib, and cry big crocodile tears for us to come pick him up. This can last anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. We are trying to not let him break us… the hubs and I are a strong, united front against crocodile tears.
- Kingston’s hair is now long enough to rock the faux-hawk. I’m pretty excited about this one.
- He still gives the best snuggles… period (pretty much expect this to be on the listing, always).