As predicted, we have had one little stubborn guy this week… but he definitely is ready to be out of diapers. Here are a few updates:
- In a surprising change of events, Kingston prefers to go potty on the toilet rather than his potty chair… no toddler potty accessories needed. We just scoot him back, make a wide “V” shape with his legs, and we have success!
- Potty dances are absolutely necessary when it comes to our post-potty celebrations.
- Kingston is getting better about agreeing to go to the potty, so we have adjusted our “every-15-minute-get-to-the-potty” run to about every half hour or so.
- That being said, Kingston still does not tell us when he has to go potty… but we’re getting there.
- The iPhone is great bribery for sitting still on the potty for longer than 1.20293203 seconds.
- Poor little guy has had
more thana few accidents and gets a little bummed by them.
- He’s still struggling with going poo on the potty – hasn’t been successful in this department yet. We’ve been close once, but that is about it.
With what turned into a busy Spring Break for the hubs, we are pretty happy with how Kingston is coming along with his potty training. Looks like diapers may be a faint memory in the not-so distant future for Kingston after all!