This post is a few days overdue… but still completely necessary. Cole turned 5 months almost a week ago, on November 27th. And it hit me; my little is almost half-way through his first year! Can someone please slow down time just a little bit? I can’t believe this is true.
I haven’t measured Cole yet for his monthly stats, but I haven’t been very accurate in the past. My guess? Cole is somewhere around 20 lb. and 29 in. in length… but these are just guesses. We’ll get something a little more concrete later this month at my baby’s 6 month appointment (craziness!).
- Probably the biggest milestone? Cole’s ability to reach and grasp objects. He has so much fun playing with a few of his rattles now… it almost feels like big-boy behavior.
- In addition to his single-grain oatmeal, the boy has been having a few tastes of our food. Apples, bananas, and potatoes to name a few.
- Sadly, Cole has reverted in his nighttime routine. Long gone are the sleeping-through-the-night days; Cole now wakes up at least once a night (boo).
- Cole has found his toes!
- Sign him up for gymnastics – this boy is a log roller, but only to his left.
- He’s a tummy sleeper. We always place him in his crib on his back, but the boy rolls over onto his tummy to get comfortable.
- The boy loves a good story and loves to be read to already.
- No teeth yet, but the buckets of drool continue. He could be a vampire baby, but we’ll see…
- When Cole gets frustrated these days, he gets “spittin’ mad” – literally. The boy blows the biggest air-raspberries/spit bubbles when things aren’t how he wants them.
- Cole is already interested in his brother’s toys… especially Kingston’s frog pillow pet.
Want to see Cole’s post from last month? Click HERE.